Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Making it big

So there was this person who was in love with a girl who wore contact lenses. Come to think of it, would a modern day Dorothy Parker have said, "Men don't lose their senses... for girls who wear lenses" or not? Anyway, this person was always willing to help out his love in any which way possible. He used to make sure she always had what she needed even before she needed it. Once she ran out of solution for her lenses and he was more than glad to run to the nearby chemist and get it for her. The solution cost Rs. 299, but the girl paid him back Rs. 300. This went on for quite a while. Everytime the guy bought solution for the girl's lenses, he made a Rupee. Over a period of time he amassed quite a wealth. A journalist came to interview him. When asked how he made so much money, the man modestly replied, "I knew someone with contacts."

I know, I know. It's silly. But it's my blog and it's my joke.

16 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er...What happened to the girl and the boy finally??

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Vignesh said...

Wow ! I see that CFD is keeping you real busy these days ;)

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Jugular Bean said...

That's among the best puns I've read!
You came out with that on your own! Brilliant I say!

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! u work on computational fluid dynamics?!!! wow man!!!!!

and the joke... that rocked!

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Elf: They grew up and became womand and man. :)

Vignesh: You bet. I just have time for such sidey humour now.

Jugular: Thanks. My second post on the this blog (maybe third) was also an original pun. Check it out.

Mandar: Yes, I do. We are into mesh generation for CFD, as well as some solvers work. Glad you liked the joke.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Mary said...

That's the dorkiest joke I've ever heard.

I love it. :)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Anurag said...

Mary: How did you know that I was a dork?

Satya: I agree. :))

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Exactly how much do you drink before you blog?? :)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger eM said...

Hehehehehehehehehhehehehehehe.

Okay, I'm done :)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Varun Singh said...

Hey, inspired by your joke, I've also posted few of mine :). Check 'em out plz (http://vasingh.blogspot.com).

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Senthil said...

Holy cow, man. Great idea. Since Bausch and Lomb's - or is it Bausch's and Lomb's or (Bausch and Lomb)'s - ReNu costs about 285 bucks, I stand to make more than that chap. Now all I need to find is a short-sighted girl ;)

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Mint C: Depends upon a host of factors. Usually, when I drink and blog, people like the post. This one is a sober post. :)

eM: You missed an "e" for one he. :)

Varun: Nice ones. I like "aath-shaala".

Senthil: All the best with the search for ssg.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

My husband just bought a bunch of "best jokes" books for my daughter. So all we hear these days is various versions of "Knock-Knock" jokes. Want me to post some? ;) I guess you two could sit together for hours and regale each other with your jokes while I and my husband breathe a couple sighs of relief :D

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Dilip D'Souza said...

You and gettingthere are welcome to my favourite Knock knock joke:

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Mehmood.
Mehmood who?
Mehmood me nahin hoon batane ke liye.

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Menaka.
Menaka who?
Menaka na, mehmood me nahin hoon batane ke liye!.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

That is the best knock-knock joke I have ever heard, except one about Agarwal, which I cannot relate on a public post. :))

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Dilip D'Souza said...

Speaking of knock knock...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home