Wednesday, November 16, 2005

An ode to long facial hair

When I was a kid (strange as it may sound)
I was not scared of ghosts, snakes or the Baskerville hound
The only being that I truly, wuly feared
was a man with a long, flowing beard

Not scared was I of jumping off highest trees
not of darkness, nor of swarms of bloodthirsty bees.
I could bite a dog, chase a bull, sting the ants
but the sight of a beard made me pee in my pants.

So, thank God for adulthood, praise the ageing process
No longer scared am I of grandpa, the street beggar, nor of Moses.
Very easily can I the subject of manes broach
What really scares me now is a flying roach!

8 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

Out of context, but
Did you really purchase Corea after reading my post? Now, that feels great. Thanks a lot for the acknowledgment.

If you can't get "Bitches Brew"(but it is there in the stores), try for "Tribute to Jack Johnson". The last Miles-MacLaughlin album.

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Words Worth said...

All the photos are beautiful. And the one-photo-a-day promise sounds great. Please do. :-)

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger whitelight said...

oh! it was my reco in the comment section. thanks again.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

whitelight: As you have discovered by now, you left a comment for one of my posts, after reading which I decided to check out Corea. It's awesome, and thank for that.

words worth: I have enough material for a month, I think. I'm glad you liked the pics.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Senthil said...

MAN! Awesome! You poem-ed!

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo. And really loved the poem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home