Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Curious about what's happening in my life?

Don't be. Not much is happening here. Except that I went running in the rain on Saturday. I try to do it at least once every monsoon. Saturday brought some good, strong showers to the city, so I decided to put on my shoes and head out in the lanes of Koregaon Park. Ended up running 12 kms, and enjoyed every step of it. There's something in rain water which causes plants and trees to flourish in a way that is indescribable. They seem happy. And green. Anyway, it was a terrific experience, and I need to do it again this weekend. Needless to say, the activity resulted in many small kids giggling and pointing their fingers in my direction and old people looking at me with stern disbelief.

There's a lot more that I want to be doing this beautiful season, but am being held back due to work. Work which, hopefully, will soon ease up a little bit when we finish the current project. Then I intend to drive down to Goa with Gina, buy an i-Ball tablet and try my hands at illustrations (anyone having experience with such devices, please send me some advice), resume learning to play the violin, take time out to listen to the whole lotta music that Gina has, shoot some more rolls and have fun in general.

Till then, beloved readers, you will have to be satisfied with shots from Lakshmi road excursion. Here's one of a young man whose bravado can only be possessed by those who grow up on streets. Comments on the composition of this shot will be highly appreciated. In particular, if you can think of how this shot could have been improved, do let me know.

Ciao.








16 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Every post deserves a comment! So there, all of you who won't.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Raju Bathija said...

Hi Anurag: agree with you that every post deserves a comment :). I too like to walk in the rain. I got this opportunity last Sunday when I went for a walk to our local park without an umbrella. The picture is good, but I could not understand what the young man seems to be doing.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anurag ... depth of field :)
but well he was in a position u cldnt do much abt ..
satya

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger ligne said...

rain monsoons...bring up lovely memories..its nice to read blogs about these things..esp when one is away.

the pic is beautiful..slightly marred by the white (cloth/pole? ) on the side..

asking out of curiousity..but shud people who read your blog know who Gina is ?_

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Raju: The young man was just standing there on the road.

Satya: I agree that DOF is not the best. Can you suggest something about the composition?

Nocturne: Thanks.

Ligne: The white thing on the left is actually a public bus. :) As for Gina, much will be revealed soon. :)

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the picture looks nice with awsome depth and caught expression on the boy's face. Negative is that the background isn't clear to justify "bravado possessed" part.

Moonie

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anurag,
Unlike your other photos, the compo is not good for this one. You could have avoided the foreground elements like the woman who is out of focus. It would have been a better shot if you zoomed in more, but you might have shot it with some 28-80 lens at far end for which nothing much can be done.

Do post your opinion if you have time here for my gallery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54606687@N00

Thanks,
Soma

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anurag i wld tweak it up in photoshop

off the top of my head i am thinkin..
working in LAB color .. play with lightness... adjust levels and boost contrast and hue saturate a bit maybe ...

btw in photoshop u can artificially create DOF too .. however in this situation the background is a lil too similar the shop shutter i.e. ...

cheerz
satya

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Anurag said...

Moonie: I agree there are some flaws to the picture. I agree that the picture could have been sharper. However, the guy was moving away, and I would lost him pretty soon. So, I just aimed, tried to focus and shot. Unfortunately, I shot through the lens fully extended at 300 MM, and my hand must have shook just a little bit. At those focal lengths, even the minutest shake of the hand is sufficient to cause a blur.

Soma: Please see the comment above explaining the blurred shot. Also, I just saw your flickr photos and they are awesome!!! You shoot films, right?

Satya: Thanks for the tips. Will remember them.

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for liking them,
Yes i shoot film only. Sometimes print film & sometimes slides.

Thanks,
Soma

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Senthil said...

I like the composition, except for the women in the foreground. Without them, the photograph would've been realllly good. But then, out there, avoiding clutter is impossible.

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this, and don't think I would have liked it too much without the women in the foreground. They make me feel as if I am right there, seeing the boy through them ... they bring things closer to reality. Further, I think a better depth of field, with those women coming out to be sharper would have destroyed this piece of art. Again, I looooved it!

-kakkar

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anurag,
Nice blog. I really like your photographs.
And miss the rainy season which your post reminds me of.

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy ??? @ http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyID=2006-07-09T185534Z_01_L09265847_RTRIDST_0_SPORT-TENNIS-WIMBLEDON-FEDERER.XML
Read in some part of ur blog that you were a Federer fan :D

Moonie

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Senthil: It is indeed very busy there.

AK: Thanks. I personally agree with you, but people have raised some good points too.

vk: Thanks. Monsoon is indeed something worth experiencing, isn't it?

Moonie: Whatever gave you the idea? I am pro-Nadal. :) Just kidding. See my latest post...

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Horsey said...

More context. I can't see what he is doing or what is around him.

And I'm curious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home