Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Analogy

Sameet is an old friend of mine whose life I once saved during a trek (that's another story which I shall relate on another occasion) and who is in town these days. He called me up yesterday and we decided to meet at Kiva (which is a pub which I had heard of from many sources but had not visited till yesterday).

I settled in my seat there and we decided to ask the waiter for a pitcher of beer. The waiter informed us that they did not have draught beer, hence a pitcher of beer was not available either. He went on to give us additional, though unnecessary, information that they did in fact have pitchers of every cocktail available but, sadly, not of beer.

That, to me, is like going to the race course and being informed by the betting counter that I have available to me options of playing poker, Blackjack, Russian roulette, even the good old matka, but they don't really encourage people betting on horses.

Well, beggars can't be choosers, so I had to be satisfied with bottled beer.

4 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

Heh! Nice analogy :D

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

simple unacceptable !!!!!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.... Analogy over. New post, please?

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Zaphod said...

i dont mean to insult you but i thought i was the only camera toting aquarian...not that I have any pictures up on this blog, the public one, quite a few...anyway, loved reading your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home