Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tablet

It is a fact known to those near and dear to me that I am a closet artist. Last weekend I painted very beautiful abstract patterns on the inside of my bedroom closet. However, such art does not get the kind of attention it rightly deserves. Therefore, I am trying to develop other kind of artistic abilities. On a trip to the US last September, I bought a Wacom Graphire Tablet.

It is a nifty gadget, but takes a little getting used to. I am no Picasso, but I can draw a mean free-hand straight line. Rather, I could draw a mean free-hand straight line on paper. The tablet is a different story altogether. However, I persisted and could soon write the alphabet using the tablet. For some of you it may not be a big deal, but I first had to learn the alphabet.

Anyway, cutting a long story short is not a good idea. Therefore I will give you the full version. Here is the first presentable sketch I made using the tablet, from a picture that I had taken at Palolem, in Goa.




As you can see, this is a very feeble attempt at something very promising. However, I have been practising and getting better. Here is a new sketch that I have started on recently. I hope to be able to finish it within a week's time, if I can manage my schedule well and work on it regularly.


Once I am done with this sketch, I will try to hone my water colour skills on the tablet. Will keep you posted. Feedback is most welcome.

Ciao.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I love the Palolem sketch. Now if only you'd put in some palm trees somewhere and it would have been a perfect sketch for me :).

 
At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the ideas even more than the actual rendering. Beautiful!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Dilip D'Souza said...

I thought the Palolem sketch WAS Gina ... no wait a minute, that's the other one. Lemme start again: I thought the other sketch WAS Gina?

But I am very much liking your photographs from Brugge. (This is true. I am not making it up. I mean it). And I am very much liking idea of Graphire Tablet, maybe I will invest in one myself here in the US.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

gina: Palm trees, huh? For me it would have been perfect had there been a beer bottle in the foreground.

ideasmith: Welcome and thanks.

dilip: OK, clrifications. Palolem is Palolem, Gina is Gina and the twin have met four times, I think. However, the first sketch is Palolem, while the second one is a copy of a scene from the movie "Ghost Rider", which I am yet to complete (the sketch, not the movie). Also, while you are there, it is indeed a good idea to invest in a tablet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home