Thursday, October 18, 2007

Monochrome versus colour

Dear readers, I present to you two of my most favoured shots from today's excursion about town in San Francisco. Both the shots were taken from the top of the San Francisco Art Institute building.

I shot the pictures in colour, but the moment I saw the results I felt that they could look better in monochrome. Here are the two shots, converted to monochrome. Please do let me know what you think.





Also, while we are on the subject, here is one in colour.

8 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

NAH! Monochrome is waaaay better! Too much color in the colored one ot make out anything clearly.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Moonie said...

how about next post?? I hope u weren't in the fresno pile-up

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you flickr?

And I concur, the monochrome was far lovelier.

 
At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well,
I preferred the moment captured in the complete set..while the monochrome reflects the depth and power of the moment, the contrast showed us the seasonal splendor

:)
in your introduction you seem to have deliberately misspelt Crosswords...Interesting!

Une Femme est une femme

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Senthil said...

I'd have liked the colour with more contrast, but yes, the black and white one is way better!
And update the blog, you slacker, you!

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, came here after a very long time, and I really like the SF pics. Wonderful composition and colours!

These three pics are also very good, though I find myself to be slightly partial for the last of the trio.

Great work!
~N.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Renovatio said...

Update already. Worse than me even.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Renovatio said...

Happy new year man. Now appear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home