Wednesday, October 03, 2007

In San Francisco

I'm in San Francisco with Gina. For a month. Yes, a month! I've come here after seven years. Yes, seven! I love this city. The last time I was here I had a great time driving a friend's motorbike from San Jose to Monterey bay and back, but I did not see much of SF city. This time, thanks to Gina's meticulous planning, we are living in downtown SF (the orange spot on the map marks the location of our hotel) and it is great fun.




We wake up early every morning and walk down to Ferry Building, buy coffee from Peet's cafe, buy a bagel from one of the two Noah's bagels outlets which we pass on the way and have our breakfast while sitting on the pier and watching commuters alight from the ferries that dock there. The first few days I kept forgetting to take my camera with me, but have been carrying it around for the past three days. Yesterday we walked along the piers from Ferry Building to Fisherman's Wharf (too touristy), walked to Trader Joe's where I found an awesome beer which I had not tried so far and which I highly recommend to anybody claiming to be a beer lover (Full Sail LTD, in case you are interested in trying it), bought some grocery and walked back to the hotel. Today, we walked along the piers and took a turn to climb up Filbert steps to Coit Tower to witness breathtaking views of the city.

All this while, I have been taking pictures, which I am glad to share with you. As we are here for another month, there will hopefully be a lot more pictures, so keep checking.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Moonie said...

Enjoy !! :)
Awaiting fotos of golden gate bridge and 17mile scenic drive, u plan that???

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger twip said...

Trader Joes is awesomest. I love that store.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Anurag said...

Moonie: Golden gate pics will come in due time. I do want to go on the 17 mile drive, but don't know when.

TWIP: Yes, it is a lovely place. Very unusual!

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Anki said...

if u 're going to san franciscooooooo
be sure to wear some flowers in your hair!!!

:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home