Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In Brussels

Yes, I'm in Brussels till Saturday. This time I did not carry my camera and I must admit that I am seeing more things. A few things which I love about this city, apart from the very obvious (the multitude of choices that the beer industry has to offer):

1. The intricate window and balcony grill patterns that most buildings have. Very ornate, yet classy.
2. The public transport system -- trams, buses and metro trains which run efficiently, are clean and modern.
3. The really wide pavements for people to walk on, even on the busiest roads.
4. The fact that you are not expected to tip after a meal.
5. The maturity of people -- more on this later, take my word for it for now.

However, for now it is time to get back to meeting with managers at the client office.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Renovatio said...

One of those eu committees is in a building called the Berlaymont. As far as I know, that's a rather interesting looking thing.

Oh and knowing French helps there, half the folks there refuse to speak anything else.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unmana said...

You're not expected to tip? That's interesting (and attractive)! Any idea why that came about?

Have a great time - though I wish you were taking pictures!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Renovatio: I should check it out. I don't really like the EU parliament building. Too modern. As for not speaking French, I don't think it matters too much, as long as you make wild gestures.

Unmana: No, and I like it this way. I am always so confused in the US. I am coming back here on 28th November for a few days, and then I will carry my camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home