Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Observations

I made a few observations about various things in life over the past week. It is not normal for me to ponder about where my life is going, though I do ponder a lot about where it is not going. Here goes:

I have noticed that I have managed to win a few battles of the bulge, but I seem to be losing the war. Sigh...

Another thing which has occurred to me is that dogs can sense fear. Really, they can. When Gina (who is scared of most dogs) goes walking in the morning, they growl, bark and look condescendingly at her. When I (I consider dogs to be benign creatures with a gift of flexible hind legs and negative IQs) accompany her, they disappear behind bushes, make excuses about having to meet old friends and would you look at the time, and avoid me in general.

Another truth which has raised it ugly head and made itself inconspicuous is that communication is inevitable. Everybody wants it! At the same time, it is very easy. All you have to do is drop your clients daily mails giving them project updates, and they are happy as a baby in a nappy.

Finally, I have good news. Not for you, necessarily, but definitely for my parents. If you asked my parents (if you knew them, that is, ha ha) what I liked most for breakfast, their answer would be -- lunch. Yes, that is true, dear readers (and not so dear ones, too), my parents consider me innately incapable of rising early enough in the day. Till very recently I was in complete denial. Early is as early does, I tried to argue with my progenitors, but you know how the N-1 generation always thinks. When I got married, Gina was highly irritated with the fact that I did not wake up in time for work, and sometimes had to take a bath in my cubicle in the office. I told her that all I needed to wake up fresh as a Daisy was tea, served to me in bed, hot (tea, that is, not the bed, and definitely not me). The poor girl tried that a couple of times -- I just drank the tea, smiled beatifically at her (her version is different) and went back to sleep. That was the end of free tea. Anyway, coming back to point, the knowledge that would make my parents proud is that I have started waking up early these days. Today I woke up at 6:00 AM (for those of you who think 6:00 AM is not all that early, have you tried this?), had some nice Earl Grey tea, did some meditation and stretching and then went back to sleep for an hour, at 7:00. Well, I never said I stayed awake the whole day after waking up early!

OK.

6 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

he he he he he he he he he .........

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

Couldn't stop laughing, you know. Anyway, this cheered me up after a "down in the dumps" evening. Call me sometime, will you? Preferrably at work. I need to talk to someone who can listen without asking a lot of questions.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

gettingthere: Good to know I was of some help to you. Will call.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Ekta said...

Hey anurag,
happened to stumble upon your blog and couldnt help commenting!!

I can sooo relate to that having lunch fr brekfast thingie...cant remember the last time I saw even 8:00 am on the clock!:-)

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger heretic said...

A week in Goa, and now reading this on a Monday afternoon. Aah, true bliss, susegad!

Thanks Anurag. :-)

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Anurag said...

Ekta: Tell me about it. Sunrise is for starting the photosynthesis early, so that humans have food ready when they wake up at noon.

Heretic: Goa, huh? I envy you with all my might.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home