Monday, December 05, 2005

Let's go down to the waterline

I'm off! Day after tomorrow. I'll be gone so fast and so far it will make your head spin. Why, you ask, my child? I'll tell you why. I haven't taken a vacation in more than a year and I am really looking forward to the one starting on Wednesday. Here's the lowdown:

Reason: none of your business. Sorry, couldn't help the jibe. :) Sis-in-law is getting engaged.
Where:Vizag.
Why: No, Vi-Zag.
When: Day after tomorrow.
When I am back: Argh, don't spoil the fun by asking when it all gets over.
What is planned: Beachside dinners, boat-parties, some bumming on the beach, and tennis (no, I am serious, I am carrying my raquet. Rohit, the would-be-groom, is my former tennis partner, a hyperactive individual -- he fell in a cauldron as a kid -- and a really sweet person. He has booked rooms for us in the club, supposedly overlooking the courts).
Will it happen: Tennis? I hope so, though I am not really sure. But I am carrying the raquet.
One reason why you shouldn't tell Gina that I plan to play tennis there: None, really, but let's keep this between us, shall we?

So wish me luck. I leave with a heart full of joy and hope, a suitcase full of suits, a briefcase full of briefs, a camera full of film , a tennis raquet, and three novels which I have been meaning to read for the longest time. Hopefully everything will be put to good use.

Meanwhile, be good. Leave some comments. Or money. I like both.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

Have fun! No money left to leave :( Just spent over $200 on shoes and a purse. And that was after I spent more than $1000 on clothes! What fun!!!!!!!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger heretic said...

Here you go: $500 as long as the chappies at Vizag consider IOUs valid currency. Hope you have a great time. Best wishes to the SIL and Rohit. (pssst: regards to the missus too)

Hope you make the most of the trip and come back with superduper snaps as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home