Thursday, December 22, 2005

The other circle of life

You live in a small village by the river, and you grow and catch your own food.
You think your life sucks and your child deserves a better education in the city, which is not so far away from your home now as it was when you were a kid.
After a few years, you sell your land to the nice man who gives you more money than you can dream of.
You move to the city, your kid moves to that nice city school.
Your kid grows up, gets a job and lives with you in your apartment in the city.
But she wants to get away from the hustle-bustle of city life.
So she saves money like crazy and buys an apartment in the newly constructed 12 storeyed building overlooking the river, which actually used to be quite beautiful when you lived there in your thatched roof hut.




PS. I have lots to share, but those nice pesky engineers at Sify don't want me to. Watch the space.

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

should never have had that kid

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger heretic said...

Yeah, like I wanna move back to the village and my dad says he would never be able to adjust to that life!!!

Anurag, I keep saying this but your pics are truly fabulous. Am kinda jealous too. :-)

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Anurag said...

Munna: Too late, I guess?

Heretic: You don't need to be jealous - I was just lucky with these rolls. Furthermore, the beauty was in the place, I just shot it on film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home