Friday, June 22, 2007

Zippo

Senthil visited me last night. He brought beer and we sat on the balcony and talked about photography and work and drank. He borrowed my film SLR body and the Canon 28 mm prime lens. While looking for them to give to him, I came across the set of four screw-on magnification lenses which I had bought once upon a time. These are simple magnifying lenses with optics designed for photography. They reduce the depth of field of shots taken, so one has to be careful of not shooting with the lens wide open. When Senthil left, he forgot to take his Zippo with him. I shot a couple of pictures of the lighter with the magnification lenses, and am quite happy with this shot.


Zippo
Canon EOS 400D
Canon 50mm lens
f/8.0, 1/3s
Handheld, with a +4 magnification filter

1 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Senthil said...

Wow, me man - Niiiice shot! Did you take a few shots of the chimney? No, not me - the lighter's chimney. Should make a good subject... And I'll collect the lighter today, if it wants to leave the man who made it famous and come back to the man who carries it in the same pocket as coins and motorcycle keys...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home