Wednesday, February 15, 2006

All hail Firefox

For the first time in my life I am willing to go on record saying that I get extremely impressed with things, names and phenomena which normal people associate with the world of geeks. Which explains the title of this post.

I am absolutely in love with Linux, and latest set of tools available for various distributions. The tool which impresses me the most is the Mozilla suite -- Firefox browser, Thunderbird mailer and Sunbird calendar. For my mailing and calendar needs I actually use Evolution, but for browsing I absolutely adore Firefox.

There are so many small things that make your day. It is highly customizable. It is possible to download a whole range of extensions to tweak the behaviour of the browser to one's liking. These extensions are tools embeddable into the browser (you only need to download and restart the browser) developed by users like you and me. OK, not you, maybe, and not me maybe too, but normal (ha!) people like us.

I am writing this post to test how my performancing extension works. Performancing allows me to post on my blog without actually going to blogger.com.

So, this is where the post ends. If you see it, performancing rocks. If you don't, I just wasted the last 10 minutes of my life. :(


1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tabbed browsing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home